Tigg’s have recently launched three of their delicious flavours into Tesco stores nationwide. Not only are they low in calories, saturated fats and added sugars, they are also cardioprotective, which means that the main ingredients come from fruits and vegetables instead of cheaper filler ingredients such as water, sunflower oil or vinegar, like many other products on the market. The products are also free from gluten, dairy, nuts, wheat and made from 100% natural, fresh and unpasteurised ingredients.
- 1/2 a jar of olives
- A handful of small tomatoes
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 1/2 a jar of artichoke hearts
- Tiggs Pepper and Mustard Dressing
- 200g (1 cup) of pearl barley
- 600ml (2 1/2 cups) of vegetable stock
- A handful of parsley, basil, mint and coriander
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Into a roasting dish put olives, tomatoes, courgette, red onion, peppers, artichoke hearts, drizzle over the Pepper and Mustard Dressing and season well. Roast in the oven until the vegetables are soft.
- While they roast put a pan of pearl barley on to cook in vegetable stock. Once the pearl barley is tender, toss it all together and drizzle over more dressing to taste. Chop up a handful of parsley, basil, mint and coriander and stir through. Serve warm.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Tiggs