Dustin Harder from YouTube’s ‘The Vegan Roadie’ shares the recipe for his signature dish, salted coconut sunflower fudge
Makes 16-20 pieces
- 170g (¾ cup) sunflower seed butter
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 30g (¼ cup) fair trade cocoa
- 115ml (½ cup) maple syrup
- Flaked sea salt, to sprinkle
- Gradually mix the sunflower seed butter and coconut oil together until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add the cocoa and maple syrup, stir slowly and combine ingredients until smooth, pay special attention to work the lumps from the coconut oil out.
- Layer a bread loaf tin with cling film, using enough to fold wrap back over the top and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Make the fudge as thick as you would like; I generally go for 1 to ½ inch high. Sprinkle some flaked sea salt over the top. Be careful not to use too much, this isn’t about it being salty so much as a hint of salt… don’t get crazy.
- Fold the wrap over the top of mixture and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
Tip: When left out over 30 minutes they start to melt. If serving at a party it is best to bring out in small batches and replenish as needed!
Nutrition (per 100g)
558 kcal | 25.0g carbohydrates | 20.0g sugars | 44.0g fat | 24.0g saturates | 13.0g protein | 0.63g salt