Slow Cooker Rosemary Focaccia
This simple bread recipe for slow cooker rosemary focaccia doesn’t need proofing as the slow cooker does this as it’s heating up. The bread takes a while to cook but is effortless.
- 300ml (1 1/4 cups) Warm Water
- 2 tsp Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 500g (17.5oz) Strong White Bread Flour
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Rosemary Sprig, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Add the warm water, yeast, sugar, bread flour and a pinch of salt to a bowl and mix to form a dough. Turn out onto a worktop and knead for 4-5 minutes to form a smooth dough, flatten into a circle and top with rosemary and sea salt.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper, and place the dough into the slow cooker. Put the slow cooker on high and cook for 2-3 hours until cooked through.
- The bread is ready to eat at this point, but if you want a browned crust on the bread, drizzle the bread with olive oil and place into a 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 pre-heated oven for 4-5 minutes.