Oil-free and full of protein and healthy fats, this sandwich will revamp your lunchtime and keep you going for the afternoon ahead.
For the smashed avocado:
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and destoned
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the sandwiches:
- 8 thick slices seeded bread or bagels
- Red onion, sliced
- Cucumber, slices
- Cress or alfalfa sprouts
- Place all the ingredients for the smashed avocado into a bowl and mash together until combined, but still with some texture. Taste to check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Lightly toast the bread (optional) and divide the filling between four of the slices. Top the avocado with onions, cucumber and cress/sprouts, and place the remaining slices of bread on top. Enjoy straight away or wrap and take with you to eat on the go.
Per serving (281g)
Calories: 486, Carbohydrates: 60.5g, Sugars: 7.8g, Salt: 1.5g, Fat: 21.6g Saturates: 3.1g, Protein: 17.8g
Taken from September 2018 (Issue 42) Vegan Life Magazine