- 130g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp garlic Powder
- 1 tsp onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp soy Sauce
- 110g tomato Paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 120ml (1/2 cup) vegetable stock
- 263g vital wheat gluten
- 1 bottle Jack Daniel’s® Full Flavour Smokey Barbecue Sauce
- sweet potato fries
- Add the chickpeas, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, coriander powder, oregano, soy sauce, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper, Jack Daniel’s® Full Flavour Smokey Barbecue Sauce and vegetable stock to the food processor and process until well mixed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the vital wheat gluten. Stir briefly and then get in there with your hands, mixing it into a dough. Knead the dough for around 2 minutes. Divide in 4 and shape into steaks
Wrap individually in foil and steam over a basket for 20 minutes.
- Once steamed place on a baking tray and brush with Jack Daniel’s® Full Flavour Smokey Barbecue Sauce. Coat very well.
- Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and fry the steaks at a moderate heat until golden and caramelised. Keep brushing with glaze to build up a nice sticky coating
- Serve with a side salad and sweet potato fries
Recipe and images courtesy of Jack Daniel’s®