Smoky Baked Beans and Vegan Sausage Rolls
A sausage roll and baked beans is a British family favourite, particularly at teatime, but this vegan version uses our new jumbo roll made with Hooba®, a vegan mince made with the stalks of oyster mushrooms. The homemade baked beans are made with smoky paprika, cannellini beans and tomato passata and only requires one medium saucepan.
- Wall’s Pastry Vegan Jumbo Roll
- 2 400g tins of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small carton (500g) tomato passata
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan, fry the onion in the olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Walls Pastry