This recipe for a soba noodle salad with peanut sauce is great if you’re after something that’s delicious but easy to make
For the peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth – your preference)
- 1 1/2 tbsp plum sauce or any sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp warm water
For the salad (serves 2-3)
- Soba noodles
- A handful of broccoli, cut into small bite size pieces
- A handful of cauliflower, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin sticks
- Some scallions, (green part included) cut into 1 inch pieces
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- Tofu -cut into bite size chunks
- Lightly sauté the tofu in oil and keep aside.
- Make the peanut sauce by adding all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until they form a smooth sauce. Add more water (a little at a time) if the sauce feels too thick. Keep aside
- Boil your soba noodles as per the packet instructions.
- In a large bowl add the noodles, tofu and all of the other salad ingredients. Sprinkle in a little salt and toss it well.
- Add the peanut sauce and toss the salad really well – you want all of the vegetables and noodles to be evenly coated.
- Serve right away
Recipe from Pallavi Gupta at veggiezest.com