This healthy bowl is packed full of goodness with wholegrains, lean protein and veggies. The hoisin and soy sauce make a perfect glaze for the tofu and the roasted peanuts add a lovely crunch. It’s also quick and easy to make – the perfect lunchtime fix.
- 240g wholegrain rice (cooked as per pack instructions)
- 400g tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 medium red peppers, finely sliced
- 320g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil, for drizzling
- Marinate the tofu in a large, shallow bowl with the hoisin, soy and 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Heat a griddle pan (or a BBQ) on medium-high heat. Drizzle the remaining sesame oil over the red peppers and tenderstem broccoli and cook in the pan for around 7-9 minutes, turning regularly, until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tofu to the griddle pan and Griddle (or BBQ) over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes with the remaining marinade from the bowl towards the end of the cooking time. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls and add the red pepper and tenderstem broccoli to each. Top with the spring onions and roasted peanuts. Drizzle with a little Chiu Chow Chilli Oil. Enjoy immediately.
NUTRITION NOTES – Tofu is packed full of lean protein, combined with the protein in the nuts, this dish will keep you feeling fuller for longer so you’re less likely to snack on unhealthy foods. The wholegrain rice – with its bran, husk and germ intact – is also packed full of nutritional goodness. Eating wholegrains is linked to reduced rates of heart disease and stroke and helps to maintain normal blood pressure. There’s a good supply of veggies in this dish too; the crunchy peppers and scorched broccoli add great texture and good amounts of antioxidant vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Lee Kum Kee