These thick and chewy spelt oatmeal raisin cookies are high in protein and loaded with flavour.
- 80g (½ cup) raisins
- 90g (¾ cup) walnuts
- 80g (1 cup) whole rolled oats
- 70g (½ cup) white spelt flour
- 100g (¾ cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 90ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 125ml (½ cup ) pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan (without oil) Stirring constantly so that they do not burn, once golden transfer to a bowl and set aside
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with water to plump them
- Grind the walnuts and ½ cup of the oats in a food processor. Add this to the remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a bowl then combine with dry ingredients
- Drain the raisins and fold into the mixture
- Drop the mixture using a tablespoon onto the baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Nutrition (per serving)
452 kcal | 24.9g fat | 2.2g saturates | 20.4g sugars | 0.3g salt | 15g protein