Spiced Tagine with Gosh! Moroccan Spiced Falafel
This tagine makes a super quick and simple meal, the perfect mid-week dinner
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 Pack of Gosh! Moroccan Spiced Falafel
- 3 courgettes halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red pepper, stalk and seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g/3½oz dried apricots, chopped
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 250g cooked quinoa to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/350°F/Gas 5.
- Mix together the courgette and red pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the vegetables and fry, stirring and turning regularly, for 3–4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Heat the remaining oil in a lidded casserole over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 3–5 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened. Add the garlic, coriander and cumin and fry for 1–2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, harissa paste, maple syrup and apricots until well combined. Add the vegetables and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, then stir in 100ml of cold water until well combined. Add the Gosh! Moroccan Spiced Falafel and return to the oven, covered, for a further 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tagine with the chopped coriander and serve with the cooked quinoa.
Recipe courtesy of Gosh!