For the Tempeh Marinade
- 140g (5 oz) tempeh (cubed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1⁄2 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 120ml (1⁄2 cup) Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
To make the Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar 6-7 sliced thai chiles 1 lime juice
- For garnish/sides: white rice, lime wedges, skewers
- Cube your tempeh into small skewers cubes and mix in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, chili flakes, sriracha, miso paste (optional), sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari, black and white toasted sesame seeds, chilli paste and Almond milk. Set aside for 30mins – 1hour to marinate, or even overnight if you’d like to infuse the most flavor. Save a small amount for dipping the sauce at the end to drizzle on top as well.
- While that’s marinating, make your chilli sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil, white vinegar, and sliced thai chiles (you can use jalapeños as well for this) and lime juice.
- Heat a grill pan with a little bit of olive oil and place your tempeh on wooden skewers. Place the skewers on the grill pan for 6-8 minutes on each side until grilled and crisped throughout.
- Serve with white rice, lime wedges and your chili sauce.
Top Tip: Soak your wooden skewers in a bowl of water before use, so they don’t burn during cooking.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms