For the salad:
- 250g (1 generous cup) baby spinach
- 2 spring onions
- 1 Pink Lady apple
- 1 beetroot
- 80g (1/2 cup) pomegranate seeds
- Handful fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice half a lemon
- Juice half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Empty the spinach into a large bowl. Peel and finely chop the beetroot into small cubes. Slice the apple and spring onions and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and parsley leaves into the salad and mix everything together.
- Set aside and make the dressing. Combine the cider vinegar and chilli oil with the mustard. Squeeze the lemon and lime juices in and add your seasoning to finish.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
Per 100g Calories: 64, Carbohydrates: 4.6g, Sugars: 4.3g, Fat: 3.9g, Saturates: 0.5g, Protein: 1.8g, Salt: 0.45g
Recipe and images from: Sophie Ebeling, Vegan Food Stylist (themutedpastels.co.uk)