Spinach & Aubergine Curry
This Veganuary, the team at Discover Great Veg have put together some tasty vegan dishes to enjoy during January to ensure that you’re never out of ideas.
- 100g kale
- 450g pack Spinach
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced (180g)
- 1 aubergine, diced (300g)
- 75g tikka curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Brown basmati rice
- Plain vegan yoghurt
- Cook the kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and aubergine for 3 minutes, stir in the tikka paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and chickpeas and 100ml water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes before adding in the kale and spinach, cook for 1 minute to heat through.
- Serve with cooked brown basmati rice and a spoonful of yoghurt.
Cooks tip: Try serving with naan bread instead of rice.
Recipes and images courtesy of Discover Great Veg