Spinach Houmous with Pittas
This Veganuary, the team at Discover Great Veg have put together some tasty vegan dishes to enjoy during January to ensure that you’re never out of ideas.
- 260g pack spinach
- 1 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini (50g)
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pack 6 pittas (375g)
- Place the spinach in a large bowl, cover with cling film and microwave for 2 minutes until just wilted.
- Place the spinach, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, oil and cumin in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Season.
- Toast the pittas and cut each into 3 triangles, serve with the houmous.
Cooks tip: Try serving with a selection of vegetable crudities instead of pittas.
Recipes and images courtesy of Discover Great Veg