The flavours and colours of this recipe for squash ratatouille with maple syrup make for a lovely light lunch or side dish.
To celebrate Canada Day we have teamed up with We Love Maple to bring you this tasty treat. The natural flavours and vibrant colours of this summer recipe make for a lovely light lunch or side dish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g (2 ½ cups) butternut squash, sweet potato or pumpkin
- 1 yellow courgette, diced
- 1 green courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 300g (3 cups) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 240g (cup) Italian tomatoes, diced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil and oregano (fresh or dry) to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently brown the vegetables for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, maple syrup, salt and pepper and continue cooking for a further 4 – 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the herbs at the last minute.
- Serve au gratin for a heartier dish.