Makes 705ml (3 cups)
- 140g (1 cup) raw, organic sunflower seeds, soaked overnight (we used Suma)
- 710ml (3 cups) water
- Pinch sea salt
- Small pinch organic powdered vanilla (optional)
- Drain and rinse the soaked sunflower seeds, then place in a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the milk to a bag or muslin covered jug. Then squeeze the mixture through the material to strain.
- Stir the strained milk and place in a sterilised bottle to keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Per serving (47g) Calories: 274, Carbohydrates: 9.4g, Sugars: 1.2g, Salt: 0.14g, Fat: 24g Saturates: 2.1g, Protein: 9.7g
Taken from September 2018 (Issue 42) Vegan Life Magazine