Warm up the oven ‘cos this superbread will have you bakin’ up a storm. Using zucchini as a nutritional base, this delicious loaf is sugar-free with dates and maple syrup for sweetness, and flax, chia and hemp seeds for superfood power.
- 190g (1¼ cup) whole wheat pastry flour (or gluten-free all-purpose blend)
- 25g (¾ cup) finely ground blanched almond flour
- 55g (1/3 cup) ground flaxseed powder
- 40g (1/3 cup) hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 60ml (¼ cup) coconut oil, melted
- 120ml (½ cup) maple syrup
- 120ml (½ cup) Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 315g ( 1¼ cup) finely shredded zucchini
- 135g ( ¾ cup) Deglect Noor dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350° F/Gas 4. Lightly spray a 1.5-quart loaf pan with cooking spray, and line with a strip of parchment paper, allowing an overhang of paper on either side to make a sling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whole wheat pastry flour, almond flour, flaxseed powder, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, chia seeds, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just incorporated – do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and dates, distributing the ingredients into the batter using as few strokes as possible.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top into a flat layer. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then use the parchment flaps to easily remove it from the pan and place it onto a baking rack to cool completely. Cut into thick slices to serve.
If storing, wrap the loaf tightly in plastic and store in a cool, dark place at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Califia Farms