Serve up these sweet potato waffles for the ultimate Saturday brunch spread. Simply delicious topped with avocado and rocket, and just a hint of lime.
- 200 g cold cooked sweet potatoes
- 150 g gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 Tbsp Gram flour mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 350ml almond drink
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 handful of rocket
- Peel and mash the sweet potato until smooth. Sift the flour, cumin, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the gram flour and almond drink. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a waffle iron liberally with coconut oil, sprinkle in a little of the nigella seeds and heat until hot. Cook the batter in batches until all the batter is used up, keeping the waffles warm as you go.
- Peel and slice the avocado, top the waffles with sliced avocado and rocket, serve with a couple of lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Vega
At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.