No more leftovers! This Taco Salad Jar recipe is packed full of fresh, exciting flavours.
- 200g (1 cup) cooked black beans
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 lime, juice only
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
- 1 large vine tomato, deseeded and diced
- 50g (1 cup) iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 inch piece cucumber, roughly chopped into large chunks
- 90g (1/2 cup) cooked sweetcorn (tinned or frozen)
- 2 tbsp tomato salsa, home-made or shop bought
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh coriander leaves
- Add the black beans to a small bowl and mix in the spring onions, chilli, garlic and the juice of half the lime. Season well.
- Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the avocado chunks to prevent them from browning.
- Layer up all the ingredients in a large, lidded jar until everything has been used. Cover with a lid and keep chilled until ready to eat.
Per Serving (889g)
Calories: 419, Carbohydrates: 65g, Sugars: 14g, Salt: 1.1g, Fat: 12g Saturates: 1.6g, Protein: 23g
Taken from January 2019 (Issue 46) Vegan Life Magazine