No more leftovers! This recipe for Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower, Lentil and Kale Jar is packed full of fresh, exciting flavours.
Makes 1 large jar
For the cauliflower:
- 200g (2 cups) cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp nigella seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes or powder (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the lentils:
- 200g cooked green or brown lentils
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
For the jars:
- 135g (2 cups) baby kale, washed
- 120ml (½ cup) coconut yoghurt
- 1 inch cucumber, finely diced
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Sea salt, a pinch
- Sugar, a pinch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Spread out the cauliflower florets on a baking tray. Mix together all the rest of the cauliflower ingredients and pour over the cauliflower in the tray. Toss to coat the cauliflower in the spices and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly charred and fragrant. Leave to cool.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, mix together the lentils with the garlic, lemon juice, spring onions and season to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut yoghurt, cucumber, spring onions, salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- When the cauliflower is cool, begin to layer up the jar with the kale, the lentil salad, some roasted cauliflower and some coconut raitha. Top with some fresh coriander.
Per Serving (816g)
Calories: 398, Carbohydrates: 50g, Sugars: 11g, Salt: 1.5g, Fat: 14g Saturates: 1.4g, Protein: 31.6g
Taken from January 2019 (Issue 46) Vegan Life Magazine