Tasty Italian Pesto Pasta and Gosh! Spinach & Pine Nut Bites
Whip up a tasty mid-week meal with this quick and simple Gosh! recipe
Prep time 5 Minutes
Cooking Time 15 Minutes
- 1 pack of Gosh! Spinach & Pine Nut Bites
- 350g dried pasta of your choice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g bag of spinach leaves
- Handful of pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
For the pesto
- 2 cups packed fresh basil; large stems removed
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 tbsp water (plus more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 5 and cook the Gosh! Spinach & Pine Nut Bites for 15 minutes.
- Boil water in a pan and cook pasta according to instructions. While it is cooking, prepare the pesto.
- For the pesto, to a food processor or small blender, add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend/mix on high until a loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time, streaming in while the machine is on if possible. Then add 1 tbsp of water at a time until the desired consistency is reached – a thick but pourable sauce. Taste and adjust flavour as needed.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked pasta with the pesto, Gosh! Spinach & Pine Nut Bites, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Mix through until the spinach is wilted and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with pine nuts and fresh basil.
Recipe and images courtesy of Gosh! Food