Going vegan doesn’t mean you have to miss out on traditional pancakes this pancake day. Try out this easy-to-make recipe!
Makes 8 large pancakes
- 225g (generous 2 cups) plain flour
- 700ml (3 cups) l non-dairy milk
- 120 ml (½ cup) mild flavoured oil
- Sea salt, a pinch
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and slowly whisk in the milk. Add in 5 tablespoons of the oil and whisk again until you have a smooth, runny batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add a drop of oil. Once the pan is hot, add a ladleful of batter and swirl around in the pan to evenly coat the surface. Leave to cook for a few minutes, or until golden on the bottom. Flip over and cook on the other side, then remove from the pan and keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and serve warm, with lemon and sugar, fruit, chocolate sauce or syrup.