Satisfy your chocolate cravings with this recipe for triple chocolate brownies. This recipe makes plenty of portions and keeps for a week
Serves 16 – 20
For the Brownie
- 200g (2 cups) all-purpose/plain flour
- 100g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g (1 cup) sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 180ml (¾ cup) maple syrup
- 125ml (½ cup) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 175g (1 cup) dairy-free chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 220ml (14oz) coconut milk
- 110g (½ cup) sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl, stirring well to fully incorporate the cocoa.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the together the sugar, oil, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla. Fold in the dry ingredients stirring just a few times to incorporate without over-mixing. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in your prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- While baking start your chocolate sauce: Whisk the coconut milk, sugar, and cocoa powder until very well combined.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer lightly, stir consistently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and coconut oil. Stir until totally blended.
- Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting to avoid crumbling.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top of each brownie portion.
- You can store any remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.