- 1 pack Violife Greek White, Crumbled
- 6 Violife Original Slices
- 6 wholemeal seeded bread rolls or bagels
- 100g wholemeal couscous
- 250g beetroot, grated
- 180g houmous
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 1 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a few Valerian leaves or lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot, in ribbons
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the couscous in boiling water in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Once all the liquid has absorbed, fluff with a fork, add the beetroot, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, egg and Violife Greek White, and mix to combine. Shape the mixture into 6 patties and set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over low heat or heat up the bbq and cook the patties for 10–12 minutes each side or until firm.
- To serve, spread the hummus on the base of each roll and top each with a patty, valerian leaves and carrot, a slice of Violife and top with the remaining roll half.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Violife