- 6 Violife Original Flavour Slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Few small leaves of lettuce, roughly shredded
- 2 tbsp mustard (with seeds)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 mini baguettes, sliced open
For the mayonnaise
- 180ml (3/4 cup) soya milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 180ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay out the mushroom slices, brush with oil and season.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Mix the maple syrup, paprika and garlic, turn the mushrooms and brush with the maple syrup mix and cook for 5-10 minutes more until crisp.
- To make the vegan mayo, put the ingredients in a food processor with some seasoning and blitz until really smooth.
- Assemble the vegan BLT’s by spreading the mayo inside the rolls and layer with the tomatoes, lettuce, mushroom ‘bacon’ and Violife Original Flavour Slices. Cut into 2 and serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Violife