by Everyday Vegan Food
For the tofu:
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 heaped tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Follow Your Heart Grated Parmesan
- Pack of spaghetti
- Set your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Press the tofu block for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the marinade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands over the large bowl. Mix well to coat tofu.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread tofu mixture evenly on the baking sheet with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Start boiling water for the pasta.
- Heat up the Marinara sauce on low in a medium pot on the stove.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and set aside.
- When the tofu mixture is ready, add to the simmering sauce and mix well.
- Serve with spaghetti and top with Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
- Store the sauce in a separate container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Recipe and Images Provided by Follow Your Heart