- 285g self-raising flour
- 225g sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 180g Sacla’ Free From Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 240 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Icing sugar to sprinkle
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °c / 350 °F
- Make the sponge by mixing flour, sugar, baking powder and the Sacla’ Free From Mayonnaise together. This is best done by an electric food mixer to ensure the mixture is thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the boiling water and stir into the mixture along with the vanilla essence until combined
- Place the mixture into a 7 in greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Test the sponge is cooked by poking a skewer into the cake. If when you pull it out it is clean, the cake is cooked.
- Top with icing sugar or fresh raspberries