Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ulitmate treat! What makes these even more exciting is that they are vegan!
- 150g (2/3 cup) vegan butter
- 150g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 225g (2 scant cups) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp powdered vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1-2 tbsp soya milk
- 70g (1/3 cup) vegan chocolate chips
- 70g (½ cup) hazelnuts
- 70g (½ cup) sultana
- Preheat oven to 170°C/350°F /Gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the flour, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and xanthan gum until well combined. If using vanilla extract instead of powder add it to the butter and sugar mix.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the butter and sugar mix until a dough begins to form.
- Add the soya milk and bring the dough together with your hands.
- When a smooth dough is formed add the chocolate chips, hazelnuts and sultanas and work into the dough.
- Divide into 12 and roll into balls.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and press to flatten slightly – they will spread when baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving (65g) Calories: 280, Carbohydrates: 34.3g, Sugars: 18.8g, Fat: 14.9g, Saturates: 3.3g, Protein: 2.9g, Salt: 0.39g
Taken from July 2018 (Issue 40) Vegan Life Magazine