Vegan chocolate flapjack recipe
This recipe is to make delicious vegan chocolate flapjacks that are indulgent but also have a healthy hit of protein, vitamins and minerals, thanks to the inclusion of our Nasty Vegan Super Shake. Give it a go and let us know how your creations turn out!
- 450g oats
- 250g maple syrup
- 200g coconut oil
- 200g vegan dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 60g Nasty Vegan Super Shake chocolate powder
- 30g vegan white chocolate, for decoration
- Pinch of salt
- To start with, set your oven to 180c/350F/Gas 4.
- Meanwhile, grease a 20cm cake tin with some of the coconut oil and line it with baking paper.
- Next, place the rest of the coconut oil and the maple syrup into a pan and stir until it starts to boil. Once it’s started boiling, taking it off the heat and stir in all the oats, the protein powder and a pinch of salt.
- Melt the 200g of vegan dark chocolate. To do this, break the chocolate into small pieces, put them into a glass bowl, and place that over the top of a pan of boiling water (this will make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn). Add this melted chocolate to the main pan of coconut oil, syrup, and protein powder.
- Scrape the mixture into the greased tin and push it down firmly using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes (or longer if you prefer your flapjacks crispy). Once cooked, let it cool, and cut up into a square. Grate the white chocolate on the top for decoration. All done, sit back and enjoy!
Give it a go and show us your creation on Instagram – @NASTYVEGANhq
Recipe and images courtesy of Nasty Vegan