This recipe for our watercress and orange tonic from issue 25 is a great way to use up some kitchen staples to pack in an extra juice boost
- 1 bag watercress
- 150ml (2∕3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 100ml (½ cup) carrot juice
- 100ml (½ cup) tomato juice
- Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Carrot stick and watercress to garnish
- Process the watercress in a liquidiser or juice extractor. Place in a jug, stir in the orange, carrot and tomato juices, add a dash of Tabasco sauce if liked and season to taste.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with carrot stick and watercress.
Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Carbohydrate: 22.4g | Protein: 4.8g | Fibre: 2.4g | Salt: 0.84g
Recipe and image from: watercress.co.uk
For more watercress recipes, check out issue 25 of Vegan Life