This recipe for a colourful roasted vegetable and watercress linguine is sure to be a tasty and healthy crowd-pleaser
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (1 cup) chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 225g (8oz) linguine
- 1 bag watercress
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7/400°F). Place the peppers and onion in a roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil, season and toss together. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, courgettes and garlic, toss well and roast for a further 10 minutes. Add the pine nuts and return to the oven for a final 5 minutes until the pine nuts are golden and the vegetables tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in boiling water for 5 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain well. Toss the hot vegetables into the pasta along with the watercress. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
Fat: 10.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Carbohydrate: 51.1g | Protein: 11.2g | Fibre: 4.8g | Salt: 0.06g
Recipe and image from: watercress.co.uk
For more watercress recipes, check out issue 25 of Vegan Life Magazine