Serve up a warm and filling dish that the whole family will love with this recipe for a Tomato & Watercress Risotto
- 3 squirts olive oil spray or 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 225g (1 cup) risotto rice
- 1 400g tin (2 cups) cherry tomatoes in natural juice
- 600ml (2½ cups) vegetable stock
- 1 bag watercress
- Heat a large pan, squirt in the olive oil then add the onion and sauté for 2-3mins or until soft. Add the garlic and rice and stir well.
- Add half the tomatoes and a little of the stock. Stir well, until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat adding more stock until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender – this will take 15-20mins.
- Add the remaining cherry tomatoes and watercress and season well with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Cook for a further 1 min until most of the liquid has evaporated and the rice is just tender.
Fat: 1.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Carbohydrate: 51.2g | Protein: 7.4g | Fibre: 2.7g | Salt: 0.63g
Recipes and images from: watercress.co.uk
For more watercress recipes, check out issue 25 of Vegan Life