Vegan Mac n’ Cheese
While Freshers’ Week may look a little different this year, the team at Violife wanted to share with you some delicious budget and time-friendly recipes which are perfect for students looking to cook up a storm.
This easy one-pot Vegan Mac & Cheese, from Violife is a great vegan-friendly alternative to the classic dish, that will be sure to earn brownie points with your flatmates
PREP TIME: 15 mins
- 200g (7oz) Violife EPIC Mature Cheddar Flavour Grated (RRSP £2.50. Available at Sainsburys)
- 200ml (scant 1 cup) coconut milk
- 1 pack of macaroni pasta
- Fresh basil & thyme
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small pan and slowly add the grated Violife and a little olive oil, stirring until it becomes a rich, thick sauce. Season with a little salt and pepper and stir in the pasta.
- Serve hot, topped with fresh basil and thyme.