Vegan Pigs in Maple Parsnip Blankets
- 1 pack Meatless Farm meat-free sausages
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, de-crowned and ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 1 bottle maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cocktail sticks
- Remove the sausages from the packaging and cook according to pack instructions until brown. Remove from the heat, cut each sausage in half and leave to one side.
- Add the oil and 1 tbsp of butter to the pan and saute the parsnip ribbons until soft.
- When cool, take a ribbon of parsnip and wrap around one of the sausages. Use a cocktail stick to keep the blanket in place.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and a generous serving of maple syrup to the pan. Heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add your pigs in blankets to the pan and cook, turning occasionally until browned and sticky.
Recipe credit: meatlessfarms.com