For the quiche crust
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 120g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) water
For the filling
- 200g Violife Original Flavour Block, cut into small cubes
- 100g (1 cup) Violife Original Flavour Grated
- 250g spinach leaves
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 250ml (1 generous cup) almond milk
- 80g chickpea flour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add coconut oil and pulse a few times until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together so you can easily shape it into a ball.
- Allow it to rest covered in the fridge.
- Place the dough on a flour-dusted surface and roll into a circle with a rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease a quiche pan and add the dough evenly. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat some oil over medium heat and add the sliced leeks and mushrooms. Sauté for 2 minutes, add spinach leaves and sauté for 3 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour and milk, whisk together until well combined.
- Add oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place the sautéed veggies, and the Violife Original Flavour Block cubes into the baked quiche crust, pour the chickpea mixture over and then top with the Violife Original Flavour Grated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Violife