Baked Chickpea Flour Frittata
This baked chickpea flour frittata is the perfect dish for a Christmas brunch! It’s incredibly filling — high in both protein and fibre and is super tasty.
- 185g (6.5 oz) chickpea (gram) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika, or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp kala namak (black salt)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 350g (12.3 oz) silken tofu, omit for soya-free
- 360ml (12 fl oz) water
- 2 roma tomatoes, 1 diced, 1 sliced into rounds for topping
- 70g (2.4 oz) kale, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- In a large mixing bowl add everything but the tomatoes and kale. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped kale and diced tomatoes. Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan or baking dish. Spread out evenly, then top with slices of tomato.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm or cold.