Not only is this delicious, but also very rich in proteins and minerals thanks to the nuts and sprouted mung beans.
- 2 large apples, juiced, or 225ml (8fl oz) unsweetened apple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado, stoned and peeled
- 10 Brazil nuts, soaked in cold water for 2-6 hours
- A handful of sprouted mung beans
- 1 cm (½-in) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp dried nettles
- 4 mint leaves
- A couple of ice cubes
- Juice the apples and lemon in a juice machine. Alternatively, use apple juice and squeeze the lemon by hand. Pour the juice into a blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Purée on high speed until smooth.
- Serve in bowls and top with nuts, fruits, sprouts or granola.
Vegan Life tip
For extra power add wheatgrass, spirulina, hemp, protein powder, rosehip powder or aloe vera.
Recipe from The Green Kitchen by David Frenkiel and Luise
Vindahl (Hardie Grant, £15) Photography ©Johanna Frenkel.