California Walnut Christmas Nut Loaf
California Walnut Christmas Nut Loaf - The mild and creamy flavour and unique nutritional benefits of California Walnuts makes them a must-have ingredient for cooking this Christmas, perfect for adding texture and flavour to both sweet and savoury recipes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g (14oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 180g (6.3 oz) pack whole chestnuts
- 150g (5.3 oz) California Walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 50g (1.7 oz) cranberry sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped oregano
- 100g (3.5 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 125ml (4.2 fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the kidney beans and chestnuts in a food processor and roughly chop. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the onions, walnuts, cranberry sauce, spice, herbs, and breadcrumbs, season well. Mix in the stock, press into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into slices and serve with extra cranberry sauce and vegetables.