Carrot & Coriander Soup
Carrot and coriander soup is one of the most flavoursome food combos. We love the versatility of coriander — the seeds, stems and leaves all have a uniqueness in flavour.
- 1 onion, medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 500g (17.6 oz) carrots
- 750ml (1.5 pints) filtered water
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a large saucepan, and under a medium heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add in the coriander and lightly toast until brown.
- Add in the carrots and coat with the oil, then add in the water. Cook until the carrots start to soften — around 15 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Ladle the soup into a high-speed blender and whizz until fine. Transfer back to the saucepan. Season to taste.
- Just before serving add some chopped fresh coriander leaves and stem.