These cauliflower nachos are low-carb, cheesy, vegan and veggie loaded! The cauliflower ‘nachos’ are baked until crispy and then topped with black beans, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, vegan cheese and cilantro (coriander).
- 1 head cauliflower, small
- 3 to 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 85g (3oz) black beans
- 100g (3.5oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 15g (0.5oz) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 115g (4oz) vegan mozzarella
- 2 to 3 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and slice into ½-inch pieces (as best you can). Add the sliced cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and season with 3 tbsp avocado oil, nutritional yeast, chilli powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and sea salt. Toss to combine. Add 1 tbsp more oil if needed (cauliflower should be lightly coated with the oil).
- Spread the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer and roast in the oven until crispy and golden brown around the edges, 20 minutes
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and scooch the florets tightly together with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with black beans, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño and vegan mozzarella. Place back in the oven to melt the cheese, 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with coriander.