Coconut & Chilli Banana Blossom Noodle Curry
A fragrant and vibrant coconut chilli banana blossom curry served with noodles, lots of greens, cucumber and lime wedges. Naturally vegan and glutenfree, this wholesome curry is a quick and delicious meal.
For the banana blossom:
- 1 tin banana blossom
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch piece, ginger, peeled and grated
- 2-4 pickled red chillies, small dice
- 1 tin (400ml/14 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
- 60g (2 oz) spinach
- Salt and pepper
For the bowl:
- portions noodles
- 140g (5 oz) tenderstem broccoli
- 100g (3.5 oz) cucumber, chopped into matchsticks
- Lime wedges
- Sesame seeds
- Extra chilli
- Fresh herbs e.g., mint, parsley, coriander
- Drain the banana blossom and break with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and add the onion. Fry for 5 minutes, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add in the banana blossom and fry for 5 minutes to soften.
- Pour in the coconut milk and tamari soy sauce, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Place a lid on top to cover half the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions and drain. Steam the broccoli until tender and prepare the cucumber and herbs.
- Add in the spinach and lime to the frying pan and stir to wilt the leaves.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls, top with the banana blossom curry, the greens, lime wedges, sesame seeds, extra chilli and fresh herbs.