CRACKD The No Egg-Egg Vegan Gingerbread Biscuits
You can’t have Christmas, without gingerbread! The spiced biscuits are the epitome of the winter holiday and are delicious after your roast dinner.
Makes 8-12 biscuits
- 60ml (2 fl oz) CRACKD The No-Egg Egg
- 375g (13 oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 175g (6 oz) light brown sugar
- 120g (4 oz) vegan butter (cut into cubes)
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 170°/340°F/Gas 3 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Add the flour, baking powder and ginger to a large bowl and add the cold, cubed vegan butter.
- Rub together with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs (or mix the flour and vegan butter in a food processor till its breadcrumbs).
- Mix the sugar into the flour and vegan butter and combine, then add the golden syrup and CRACKD The No-Egg Egg and beat with a spatula until it is a smooth dough.
- Knead the biscuit dough, and then roll the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to ½cm thickness and cut out your desired shapes.
- Place them on the lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes,
- Cool on a wire rack fully, and then decorate how you please!