CRACKD Vegan Carbonara
Is there a more satisfying dish to share with friends at the dinner table than creamy carbonara? Pop the finished meal on the table in a large bowl and let everyone get stuck in serving themselves. Serve alongside a long baton of vegan garlic bread so that everyone can tear off their own chunks to dip into the delicious sauce.
- 120ml (4 fl oz) CRACKD No-Egg-Egg
- 300g (10.5 oz) dried no-egg spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (3.5 oz) pack vegan bacon
- 150ml (5 fl oz) plant-based cream (suitable for cooking)
- 60g (2.1 oz) plant-based grated parmesan (plus extra to serve).
- 100ml (3.3 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and stir as it softens to make sure it doesn’t stick together.
- Pour the olive oil into a heavy bottom frying pan, add the plant-based bacon, diced onion, basil and garlic and gently fry until the onion is soft then add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- When cooked, remove the spaghetti from the boiling water and add to the pan with the bacon, garlic, basil and onion in.
- Toss the spaghetti well, making sure it is completely coated in the oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the CRACKD No-Egg-Egg, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mix onto the spaghetti turning well to ensure it is fully coated
- As soon as the cream starts to bubble remove from the heat and divide into serving bowls.
- Serve with the parsley, a grind of black pepper and extra plant-based Parmesan sprinkled on top.