Cranberry and Mint Juice
Cranberry and Mint Juice - For a refreshing drink to offer your Christmas dinner guests, try the delicious beverage below.
- 4 litres (7 pints) cold water
- 1kg (2.2 lb) fresh/frozen cranberries
- 115g (4 oz) caster sugar, or maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon/lime including zest
- Juice from 1 orange including zest
- 15g (0.5 oz) fresh mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, add water and cranberries, bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until berries begin to naturally open up (approx. 20 minutes).
- Drain the liquid through a fine strainer, pressing the mixture through the sieve with the back of a tablespoon.
- Return liquid to the pan and simmer on low heat.
- Add sugar, lemon and orange juice and bring up to a gently boil (until sugar has dissolved). Taste and check that there is a good balance between sweet and sour and add more sugar if required.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher, cover and refrigerate until you want to serve.
- Pour juice over ice in tall glasses, add fresh mint leaves and a pinch of your citrus zest.
Cranberry and Mint Juice- For a refreshing drink to offer your Christmas dinner guests, try the delicious beverage below.