Easter Carrot Cake
This Easter Carrot Cake by Violife is the perfect way to celebrate Easter.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the icing:
- 2 packs Violife Creamy Original
- 100g coconut flakes
- 60ml oat milk
- 2tsp lemon juice
For the cake:
- 250ml jar coconut oil, melted
- 300g light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 210ml oat milk
- 420g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zest only
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- Edible flowers, for decorating
- Baked coconut flakes, for decorating
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and grease 2x 20cm cake tins with coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the vanilla essence and oat milk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, spices and orange zest in a separate bowl before adding the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir well. Stir in the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out cleanly. Then take out and let cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix all of the icing ingredients together in a mixer until you have a fluffy frosting.
- Once cooled, spread half the icing on top of one of the cakes and then place the other cake on top.
- Decorate the topping of the cake with the rest of the icing and sprinkle with coconut flakes and edible flowers.
Recipe courtesy of Violife