Five-Minute Bean Salad
Marjoram, with a flavour slightly more floral and less brash than oregano, is one of the most underused herbs. That said, fresh oregano is an equally vibrant plan B. This bean salad is a perfect lunch to whip up quick for when you're on the go, or in need of a speedy working-fromhome lunch.
- 2 (425g/15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 5g (0.1 oz) marjoram or oregano leaves
- 5g (0.1 oz) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 80ml (2.7 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- 75g (2.6 oz) toasted sliced almonds
- Finely grated lemon zest, to serve
- Place the beans in a medium serving bowl.
- In a blender, combine the marjoram, parsley, garlic, salt, and oil. Pulse until smooth. Toss the dressing with the beans and half of the almonds.
- Serve the salad topped with the remaining half of the almonds and the lemon zest.
Recipe reprinted with permission
from Super Natural Simple.
Copyright © 2021 by Heidi Swanson (Published by
Ten Speed Press - Penguin Random House LLC).
Photographs copyright © Heidi Swanson