Mixed Veggie & Houmous Wrap
Any crunchy vegetables you have on hand will work in this wrap. Cauliflower, bell pepper, and cucumber would all be yummy additions.
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 90g (3.1oz) broccoli florets
- 280g (10oz) container plain houmous
- 4 individual pitas, or 2 large round pitas, halved
- Optional toppings: Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, sliced vegan cheese of choice
- Prepare the veggies. Peel the carrot, then chop the carrot and celery into about 1-inch pieces. Put the carrot, celery, and broccoli in a food processor. Pulse for 6 to 8 seconds, or until the vegetables are in very small pieces
- Mix the spread and build the wraps. Transfer the vegetable pieces to a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the houmous. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture into each pita and add any desired toppings
Vegan Life tip
Take this wrap up a notch by using a flavoured or spicy houmous. Grocery stores carry a wide variety of flavours, many of which would go well with fresh, crisp veggies.
Recipe from Kid Chef Vegan by Barb Musick (published by Rockridge Press). Copyright © 2021 by Callisto Media, Inc. All rights reserved.