Made with one bowl and ready in 30 minutes. It’s a healthier twist on the classic, colourful dessert we all know and love!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 115g (4 oz) vegan butter, slightly softened
- 120g (4.2 oz) peanut butter
- 200g (7 oz) brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 135g (4.7 oz) plain flour
- 90g (3.1 oz) rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g (7 oz) vegan candy coated chocolate gems
- 80g (2.8 oz) vegan chocolate chips
- Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to let the mixture thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F/ Gas 3. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Add vegan butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar to a large bowl. Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, cream ingredients together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the flax egg and vanilla extract. Cream together until combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together until the flour is evenly incorporated. Add the vegan M&M style candies and chocolate chips. Mix together
- Scoop cookie dough into 12 balls. Transfer cookie dough to the baking sheets
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, or until the edges are light golden-brown and the centre is still gooey. Remove cookies from the oven while they appear slightly under baked. They will de-puff and firm up while cooling.
- Allow cookies to cool before devouring. Enjoy!