No-Bake Chocolate Orange Bars
These guilt-free no-bake bars are an easy treat or snack, and perfect for chocolate lovers. They are packed with protein and are gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
- 140g (5oz) cashew nuts
- 45g (1.5oz) gluten-free oatmeal
- 90g (3oz) Medjool dates soak in hot water for about 2 min to make them softer
- 65g (2.3oz) cranberries
- 2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 orange to get 1 tbsp orange juice and orange zest
- 50g (1.7oz) dairy-free chocolate
- To a food processor, add cashew nuts and gluten-free oatmeal. Pop the lid and blend until the mixture turns into a fine flour-like consistency
- Pour a tablespoon of hot water onto the Medjool dates and wait for about two minutes or until the dates soften out, then pour the water out. Remove pits from the dates and add them to the food processor
- Add cranberries, almond butter, coconut oil, orange zest and orange juice. We are going to blend until all the ingredients have mixed well together and formed a dough-like texture. You can add more orange juice if you find that your mixture is still too dry. Be careful not to add as much though as you don’t want the mixture to be too wet
- Remove the blades from the machine and transfer the mixture to a standard loaf tin lined with square parchment paper. Flatten the mixture with hands first, push it to all corners of the pan and then use the back of a spoon to smooth out mixture as much as we can to get it even. Then place it on the side to make the chocolate topping
- Place the chocolate in a bowl, pour water in a saucepan and place the bowl with chocolate over it, and melt over a medium heat. Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon until all of it has completely melted and is smooth.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour the chocolate over the dough and then use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Once all spread out, pop into the freezer to harden for about 15 minutes. When chilled, slice into bar pieces.