Paleo Pizza Biscuits
These gluten-free biscuits are a delicious weekend breakfast to leisurely make and enjoy.
- 290g (10.2oz) almond flour
- 85g (3oz) ground flaxseed
- 15g (0.5oz) nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 5 sprigs oregano, stemmed and leaves roughly chopped
- 15g (0.5oz) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 180ml (6fl oz) refined coconut oil
- 60ml (2fl oz) filtered water
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- Stir together almond flour, ground flaxseed, nutritional yeast, salt, red chilli flakes and garlic powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir oregano (approximately 2 tablespoons) into almond flour mixture. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes
- Add coconut oil and water to mixture and use hands to evenly distribute until dough forms. Set aside and allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Use a ¼-cup measure to mould batter into a biscuit shape. Place onto baking tray and repeat with remaining batter
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through and golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving
Recipe from Naturally, Delicious Dinners by Danny Seo
(Published by Gibbs Smith Books).